Old 02-02-2003, 09:15 PM
Sam I Am

Default tree kill

Hello all,

I live in NY,where we had harsh winter this year. We have columnar junipers
planted around the house. Due to the heavy snows, the trees have been
weighed down. One fell over, partially knocked over, while others seem to
have been split. Will they spring back up in the Spring or should I tie them
up?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Sam

Old 02-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Scott L. Hadley

Speaking from another heavy snow region of the US: some support will be
needed for the ones bent over. No girdling. Can be temporarily tied in with
soft rope. Later use eyebolts and wire cable. I am concerned about the
splits, though. Usually means a clean pruning cut needed. You can email me
if you want to go into this further.

To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 37 03-04-2007 08:39 PM
To kill a pine tree... Bart Lawns 32 23-01-2007 08:45 AM
How to kill a tree stump Scoby United Kingdom 22 26-08-2003 11:12 PM
Will Tylan (an antibiotic) kill my christmas tree? Dick N. Bush Lawns 0 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Will Tylan (an antibiotic) kill my christmas tree? Dick N. Bush Lawns 0 06-12-2002 07:47 AM