Old 30-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Registered User

Question saint paulias..

i know they are house plants, but i need help! i have them in diffused light,i mist spray every day with rainwater, i water with lukewarm rainwater and feed with a good plant food. i get flowers okay but get brown marks and cracks on the outer leaves..what am i doing wrong?
Old 30-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Mike Lyle

solaara wrote:
i know they are house plants, but i need help! i have them in

diffused
light,i mist spray every day with rainwater, i water with lukewarm
rainwater and feed with a good plant food. i get flowers okay but

get
brown marks and cracks on the outer leaves..what am i doing wrong?

You are misting with tepid water, just as for watering? The spray
should be more a cloud than a spray, if that makes sense. I also
wonder if it would be worth trying spraying every other day, or
spraying every day but very lightly, for half your plants, to see if
it makes a difference. They want humidity, not wet. (Sorry, I'm sure
you know all this at least as well as I do, but no harm in checking).

I'm hopelessly inefficient, and when I had them they often had to
rely on just the pebble-tray for a humid atmosphere for quite a
while: it didn't seem to do them any harm by my low standards.

--
Mike.

Old 30-04-2005, 10:34 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lyle
solaara wrote:
[...]

thanks mike i will try what you suggest...cheers! solaara....