GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hebe with an ugly black sooty coating (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/93627-hebe-ugly-black-sooty-coating.html)

spakker 06-05-2005 03:05 PM

hebe with an ugly black sooty coating

Hebe - I think Autumn Glory -in a small east-facing front garden has thrived
for some years but now has an ugly black 'sooty' coating on some top growths
..Think plantmaybe 6-8 yrs old. Any advice appreciated. Have searched a bit
but am not getting useful answers.

Emrys Davies 06-05-2005 06:15 PM

"spakker" wrote in message
Hebe - I think Autumn Glory -in a small east-facing front garden has

thrived
for some years but now has an ugly black 'sooty' coating on some top

growths
.Think plantmaybe 6-8 yrs old. Any advice appreciated. Have searched a

bit
but am not getting useful answers.

These sites should help you solve your problem.

http://tinyurl.com/ds4hz

http://www.mdvaden.com/advice-landscape.shtml
(Scroll to Black Sooty mold on Plants.......)

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

spakker 07-05-2005 09:18 AM

Thanks ,Emrys, there is a large lime tree growing in the verge in front of
next-door's, and I was aware of the sticky aphid excrement presence but I've
never had the sooty stuff before!