Old 08-05-2005, 12:53 AM
P Williamson

Default Envirofleece

I grow many crops in an allotment and have often used fleece to protect
crops in the early part of the season. However, brassicas always outgrow
the fleece and soon after the cabbage whites descend....

I an looking into the use of enviromesh as a few people have recommended it
to me. before making a purchase I wonder of I could get a little advice
about this.

1. How effective is envirofleece in protecting from pests.
2. Do you consider the extra expense is worthwhile..
2. What is the most effective size to buy it in .. I have seen it in
1,2,1.5,2 and 3.2 metre widths. For example would it be better to covewr a
number of rows or just one at a time.

PW

Old 08-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Broadback

P Williamson wrote:

I grow many crops in an allotment and have often used fleece to protect
crops in the early part of the season. However, brassicas always outgrow
the fleece and soon after the cabbage whites descend....

I an looking into the use of enviromesh as a few people have recommended it
to me. before making a purchase I wonder of I could get a little advice
about this.

1. How effective is envirofleece in protecting from pests.
2. Do you consider the extra expense is worthwhile..
2. What is the most effective size to buy it in .. I have seen it in
1,2,1.5,2 and 3.2 metre widths. For example would it be better to covewr a
number of rows or just one at a time.

PW

I have bad problems with carrot fly, so last year I tried enviromesh.
No carrot fly but alas very mean carrots!