Old 12-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Derek Turner

batgirl wrote:
I think you are the verminous one. How utterly vile. What are the creatures
doing to deserve death? What kind of a world do we live in where we blast
something we don't like into smithereens? You are the keeper of a small part
of this beautiful earth, please treat everything in it with respect.

but clare, we DO like them! they are very tasty, blasting them to
smithereens would make them inedible so we don't do it (and air weapons
must have come on a long way if they are capable of it anyway). Do grow
up, there's a good girl.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Harold Walker

"Derek Turner" somewhat@odds wrote in message
batgirl wrote:
I think you are the verminous one. How utterly vile. What are the
creatures doing to deserve death? What kind of a world do we live in
where we blast something we don't like into smithereens? You are the
keeper of a small part of this beautiful earth, please treat everything
in it with respect.

but clare, we DO like them! they are very tasty, blasting them to
smithereens would make them inedible so we don't do it (and air weapons
must have come on a long way if they are capable of it anyway). Do grow
up, there's a good girl.

My .177 pellet air gun does a fine job at 1000feet per second
velocity.....takes down rabbits, squirrels etc. with ease....wonder if I am
playing fair using the telescopic sights...,,,I feed 'em to the
coyotes.....HW

Old 12-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Turner
batgirl wrote:
I think you are the verminous one. How utterly vile. What are the creatures
doing to deserve death? What kind of a world do we live in where we blast
something we don't like into smithereens? You are the keeper of a small part
of this beautiful earth, please treat everything in it with respect.

but clare, we DO like them! they are very tasty, blasting them to
smithereens would make them inedible so we don't do it (and air weapons
must have come on a long way if they are capable of it anyway). Do grow
up, there's a good girl.

I agree with Clare entirely. There is absolutely no need to shoot squirrels and wood pigeons for the sake of garden plants. I'm not a tree-hugging, knit your own muesli, animal activist - but I think you need to get a sense of perspective here.

Zoe
Old 12-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Harold Walker

"ZoeM" wrote in message

Derek Turner Wrote:
batgirl wrote:-
[...]

Is there any need to kill off hens and pigs and cows etc. just to satisfy
the bellies of humans...why not go vegetarian?..HW --
ZoeM

Old 12-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
ZoeM wrote:

I agree with Clare entirely. There is absolutely no need to shoot
squirrels and wood pigeons for the sake of garden plants. I'm not a
tree-hugging, knit your own muesli, animal activist - but I think you
need to get a sense of perspective here.

Well, I am into all three - and there is. Of course, I am happy to
accept the viewpoint is that we should be reintroducing and encouraging
more predators, avian and mammalian, to control our pest species.
Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that preys on motorists, but
a good use of genetic modification would be to develop something.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Harold Walker

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
ZoeM wrote:

I agree with Clare entirely. There is absolutely no need to shoot
squirrels and wood pigeons for the sake of garden plants. I'm not a
tree-hugging, knit your own muesli, animal activist - but I think you
need to get a sense of perspective here.

Well, I am into all three - and there is. Of course, I am happy to
accept the viewpoint is that we should be reintroducing and encouraging
more predators, avian and mammalian, to control our pest species.
Unfortunately, I can't think of anything that preys on motorists, but
a good use of genetic modification would be to develop something.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Salt in the gasoline tank...HW