GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bluebells (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/94090-bluebells.html)

Jim Hawkins 14-05-2005 09:38 PM

Bluebells

Why are so many of my bluebells turning white?
Every year fewer and fewer of them produce blue flowers.
Is it changing soil pH ? Acid rain ? Global warming ? Global dimming ?

Jim Hawkins

Nick Maclaren 15-05-2005 10:38 AM

In article ,
Jim Hawkins wrote:
Why are so many of my bluebells turning white?
Every year fewer and fewer of them produce blue flowers.
Is it changing soil pH ? Acid rain ? Global warming ? Global dimming ?

A reaction to the state of the Conservative party?

If you have a population that is shifting, you have something that is
scientifically interesting. I can't think of an obvious explanation,
and it might be unrelated to the colour (e.g. an advantageous gene
that happens to be on the same chromosome as a blueness gene).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.