GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Those blueberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/94091-those-blueberries.html)

davek 14-05-2005 10:05 PM

Those blueberries

The seedlings I raised from Sainsburys 'near sell by date' blueberries,
turned out to be basil. I sowed half and half in the seed tray. Maybe a
couple germinated but then fizzled out.
Anyway the basil is coming on a treat.
DaveK.

Jaques d'Alltrades 14-05-2005 10:57 PM

The message
from "davek" contains these words:

The seedlings I raised from Sainsburys 'near sell by date' blueberries,
turned out to be basil. I sowed half and half in the seed tray. Maybe a
couple germinated but then fizzled out.
Anyway the basil is coming on a treat.

Blueberries will take weeks longer than basil.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

davek 15-05-2005 12:17 AM

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "davek" contains these words:

The seedlings I raised from Sainsburys 'near sell by date' blueberries,
turned out to be basil. I sowed half and half in the seed tray. Maybe a
couple germinated but then fizzled out.
Anyway the basil is coming on a treat.

Blueberries will take weeks longer than basil.

OK right. I'll wait and see.
DaveK.