Old 19-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Mike

Default Attractive Hedge Border

As will be seen elsewhere on this newsgroup, I am in the planning stage
of establishing a boundary to a Public Footpath.

The path is about 2 metres wide and as stated about 200 metres long.

Along the left side are a large number of established trees with
preservation orders on them. These trees with their overhang, form an
attractive arch over the path.

What I envisage is a 'temporary' Chestnut paling (sp?) fence for the 124
Metres with a 2 metre wide border behind it with such plants/bushes,
that when they are established to a 'trimmed' height of say 1 metre, the
paling fence can be removed.

The finished effect would be the trees to the left with their arch and
an attractive hedge to the right, but not to appear as a 'hedge', more a
wide border with prickly bushes to prevent access, but not too high as
to prevent light entering the path.

The path runs approx. East/ West and the land, 'about' 2 - 3 acres but
not measured, is to the Northern edge.

What plants/bushes and how far apart please and suitable for trimming
with a hedge trimmer once/twice? a year.

Many thanks.

Mike

Needing someone is like needing a parachute.
If they aren't there the first time, chances are you won't be needing them
again.

Old 19-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Mike

In article , Mike
writes

What I envisage is a 'temporary' Chestnut paling (sp?) fence for the 124
Metres with a 2 metre wide border behind it with such plants/bushes,
that when they are established to a 'trimmed' height of say 1 metre, the
paling fence can be removed.

Damian, my email back to you bounced. Please send me a valid email
address.

Isle of Wight if you are still interested.

Mike

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd

Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.