Old 19-02-2003, 10:30 PM
tim

Default Lawn weed

Does anyone know the name of this weed please.
It looks a little like T hyme. It has infested the lawn and appears every
where. How to treat it would be useful info as well please.

Old 19-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Emrys Davies

'tim',

Is this it?

http://12.98.152.24/yarrow.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 20-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Martin Sykes

"tim" wrote in message
Does anyone know the name of this weed please.
It looks a little like T hyme. It has infested the lawn and appears every
where. How to treat it would be useful info as well please.

If it has small blue flowers then I had it last year but I don't know the
name. I'll try and find a picture of it somewhere.

It was the only weed left in the lawn after repeated applications of
weed'n'feed. I think because individual plants can be so small and they have
small leaves that the weedkiller doesn't affect it. Some of the larger ones
got to be small woody 'bushes' about 3" high which were killing the
surrounding grass.

I have successfully eradicated it ( I think ) by walking over the whole lawn
each day for a fortnight, picking the individual plants out. They get a bit
tangled in the grass but have a single stem so this is quite easy.

Martin

Old 20-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Kay Easton

In article , Martin Sykes
writes
"tim" wrote in message
Does anyone know the name of this weed please.
It looks a little like T hyme. It has infested the lawn and appears every
where. How to treat it would be useful info as well please.

If it has small blue flowers then I had it last year but I don't know the
name. I'll try and find a picture of it somewhere.

Speedwell - Veronica.

It could also be mind-your-own-business, Soleriella (or something
similar)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/
Old 20-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Tumbleweed

"tim" wrote in message
Does anyone know the name of this weed please.
It looks a little like T hyme. It has infested the lawn and appears every
where. How to treat it would be useful info as well please.

Does it look like miniature clover? If it does, its unkillable AFAICS, its
rampaging through my lawn and I've given up, as long as its green why shoud
I care?

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)

Old 21-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Alan Holmes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Martin Sykes
writes
"tim" wrote in message
Does anyone know the name of this weed please.
It looks a little like T hyme. It has infested the lawn and appears

every
where. How to treat it would be useful info as well please.

If it has small blue flowers then I had it last year but I don't know the
name. I'll try and find a picture of it somewhere.

Speedwell - Veronica.

But how does one get rid of it?

Alan