Old 29-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Diarmuid

Default Pampas grass

Hi all,

What is the best / easiest way to get rid of Pampas grass.

Thanks.

Old 29-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Sacha

On 29/5/05 22:40, in article ,
"Diarmuid" wrote:

Hi all,

What is the best / easiest way to get rid of Pampas grass.

Thanks.

Dynamite. Or a digger that will drag the whole lot out for you, leaving a
hole in which you can create a pond.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 30-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Diarmuid

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 29/5/05 22:40, in article ,
"Diarmuid" wrote:

Hi all,

What is the best / easiest way to get rid of Pampas grass.

Thanks.

Dynamite. Or a digger that will drag the whole lot out for you, leaving a
hole in which you can create a pond.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Thanks Sacha, where can I buy some dynamite

Old 30-05-2005, 10:20 AM
Sacha

On 30/5/05 1:00 am, in article ,
"Diarmuid" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 29/5/05 22:40, in article ,
"Diarmuid" wrote:

Hi all,

What is the best / easiest way to get rid of Pampas grass.

Thanks.

Dynamite. Or a digger that will drag the whole lot out for you, leaving a
hole in which you can create a pond.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Thanks Sacha, where can I buy some dynamite

Ssshhhhh. ;-) But it's not altogether a joke. It's a brute to get rid of.
When I wanted to, I went the digger and pond route! My daughter has some in
her garden that she wants to get rid of, but it's right beside a fence and
planted in a walled bed. Half her garden and a big chunk of her neighbour's
would have to go!
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Old 30-05-2005, 04:58 PM
pammyT

"Diarmuid" wrote in message
Hi all,

What is the best / easiest way to get rid of Pampas grass.

Thanks.

dig it up and give it to me. I want some.

Old 30-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Chris Hogg

On Sun, 29 May 2005 21:40:25 GMT, "Diarmuid"
wrote:

Hi all,

What is the best / easiest way to get rid of Pampas grass.

Thanks.

First, wear some sturdy protective clothing and tough gardening gloves
or the leaves will cut you. Then cut the top growth down as short as
you can using a sharp pair of shears or possibly a hedge trimmer.
After that, it's a matter of hacking/digging out the base. I used a
grub axe (a type of pick axe with a heavy mattock blade on one side
and an axe blade on the other) and a sharp spade. Go round and round
the outside edge taking off small chunks, and gradually work in to the
middle. They don't go very deep, say about 8 inches or so below the
surface. Took me about an hour to get out a pampas grass say 5 feet in
diameter, but bloody hard work. For a _really_ big grass, as Sacha
says, get a digger in.

--
Chris

Is pampas grass possible in NE facing garden? Louise United Kingdom 2 07-03-2003 06:49 AM
Pampas grass what do we do with it? code_wrong United Kingdom 6 04-03-2003 09:36 PM
Can Pampas Grass cuttings be put in compost? [email protected] United Kingdom 1 03-03-2003 08:10 AM
Pampas Grass Michael United Kingdom 2 29-11-2002 10:53 PM
Pampas Grass Barry Watts United Kingdom 3 08-11-2002 11:27 AM