GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can anyone identify these plants? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9537-can-anyone-identify-these-plants.html)

Neil Jones 26-02-2003 11:51 AM

Can anyone identify these plants?

I have recently moved house and I have a new garden. There are a few
things already growing there which I cannot identify.

I have put together a rather rough and ready web page with the 3 items
there are two pictures of a bush one is a close up of the leaves

http://www.butterflyguy.com/flowers.html

Can anyone help me?
--
Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn

Emrys Davies 26-02-2003 12:02 PM

Can anyone identify these plants?

'Neil',

Picture 1 is probably Pieris formosa Forrestii

Picture 2 is Ceanothus

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

om...

----------

Martin Sykes 26-02-2003 02:07 PM

Can anyone identify these plants?

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
om...
I have recently moved house and I have a new garden. There are a few
things already growing there which I cannot identify.

Agree with the others as to 2:Ceanothus and 3:London Pride but 1 could be
all sorts of things at this stage. It looks like a clump-forming perennial
at least. The only thing I've got at the moment looking like that is
solidago ( Golden Rod ). But the leaves are a bit redder than your image. A
close-up of one piece may help.

Martin

Sue 26-02-2003 02:56 PM

Can anyone identify these plants?

"Martin Sykes" wrote
Agree with the others as to 2:Ceanothus and 3:London Pride

Yes, agree.

but 1 could be
all sorts of things at this stage. It looks like a clump-forming
perennial at least. The only thing I've got at the moment looking like
that is solidago ( Golden Rod ). But the leaves are a bit redder than
your image. A close-up of one piece may help.

Could it be a patch of some kind of campanula? Looks quite like my C.
persicifolia.

Sue

david 26-02-2003 06:52 PM

Can anyone identify these plants?

No 1. could also be a rockery plant.Arabis fernandii coburgi

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Neil Jones 03-03-2003 02:34 PM

Can anyone identify these plants?

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message ...
"Neil Jones" wrote in message
om...
I have recently moved house and I have a new garden. There are a few
things already growing there which I cannot identify.

Agree with the others as to 2:Ceanothus and 3:London Pride but 1 could be
all sorts of things at this stage. It looks like a clump-forming perennial
at least. The only thing I've got at the moment looking like that is
solidago ( Golden Rod ). But the leaves are a bit redder than your image. A
close-up of one piece may help.

Martin

Yes. It is a clump forming perennial.

Here are some more shots at close up.

http://www.butterflyguy/second.html

Any ideas anyone?

Natalie 03-03-2003 06:54 PM

Can anyone identify these plants?

"
Yes. It is a clump forming perennial.

Here are some more shots at close up.

http://www.butterflyguy/second.html

Any ideas anyone?

Sorry, couldn't open it.

Natalie

CK 03-03-2003 08:16 PM

Can anyone identify these plants?

add .com after butterflyguy to open

and I think it is campanula persicifolia

Cheers,
Chris in Somerset

om...

Martin Sykes 03-03-2003 08:25 PM

Can anyone identify these plants?

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
om...
http://www.butterflyguy/second.html

Any ideas anyone?

Sorry, still not sure but the leaves are quite a distinctive spoon shape so
I'm sure someone will know. The link was missing the .com by the way:

Corerct link:

http://www.buterflyguy.com/second.html

Martin

Neil Jones 03-03-2003 10:32 PM