Old 26-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Neil Jones

Default Can anyone identify these plants?

I have recently moved house and I have a new garden. There are a few
things already growing there which I cannot identify.

I have put together a rather rough and ready web page with the 3 items
there are two pictures of a bush one is a close up of the leaves

http://www.butterflyguy.com/flowers.html

Can anyone help me?
--
Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn

Old 26-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Emrys Davies

'Neil',

Picture 1 is probably Pieris formosa Forrestii

Picture 2 is Ceanothus

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

om...

----------

Old 26-02-2003, 02:07 PM
Martin Sykes

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
om...
I have recently moved house and I have a new garden. There are a few
things already growing there which I cannot identify.

Agree with the others as to 2:Ceanothus and 3:London Pride but 1 could be
all sorts of things at this stage. It looks like a clump-forming perennial
at least. The only thing I've got at the moment looking like that is
solidago ( Golden Rod ). But the leaves are a bit redder than your image. A
close-up of one piece may help.

Martin

Old 26-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Sue

"Martin Sykes" wrote
Agree with the others as to 2:Ceanothus and 3:London Pride

Yes, agree.

but 1 could be
all sorts of things at this stage. It looks like a clump-forming
perennial at least. The only thing I've got at the moment looking like
that is solidago ( Golden Rod ). But the leaves are a bit redder than
your image. A close-up of one piece may help.

Could it be a patch of some kind of campanula? Looks quite like my C.
persicifolia.

Sue

Old 26-02-2003, 06:52 PM
david

No 1. could also be a rockery plant.Arabis fernandii coburgi

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 03-03-2003, 02:34 PM
Neil Jones

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message ...
"Neil Jones" wrote in message
om...
I have recently moved house and I have a new garden. There are a few
things already growing there which I cannot identify.

Agree with the others as to 2:Ceanothus and 3:London Pride but 1 could be
all sorts of things at this stage. It looks like a clump-forming perennial
at least. The only thing I've got at the moment looking like that is
solidago ( Golden Rod ). But the leaves are a bit redder than your image. A
close-up of one piece may help.

Martin

Yes. It is a clump forming perennial.

Here are some more shots at close up.

http://www.butterflyguy/second.html

Any ideas anyone?

Old 03-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Natalie

"
Yes. It is a clump forming perennial.

Here are some more shots at close up.

http://www.butterflyguy/second.html

Any ideas anyone?

Sorry, couldn't open it.

Natalie

Old 03-03-2003, 08:16 PM
CK

add .com after butterflyguy to open

and I think it is campanula persicifolia

Cheers,
Chris in Somerset

om...

Old 03-03-2003, 08:25 PM
Martin Sykes

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
om...
http://www.butterflyguy/second.html

Any ideas anyone?

Sorry, still not sure but the leaves are quite a distinctive spoon shape so
I'm sure someone will know. The link was missing the .com by the way:

Corerct link:

http://www.buterflyguy.com/second.html

Martin

Old 03-03-2003, 10:32 PM