GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gardening costs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95509-gardening-costs.html)

Mike 08-06-2005 09:28 PM

Would you use that sort of language if you were face to face?

yes. that is why I am respected and liked. People know where they stand with
me. I don't hide behind a mask. What you see is what you get. THAT is why I
have many neighbours who I can turn to for help. You have not, thus you have
to advertise on here.

Think about that sonny Jim. Who has friends and neighbours? Me. What have
you got? A jumped up pretentious attitude without neighbours to help.

Duncan Heenan 08-06-2005 10:36 PM

"Mike" wrote in message
Would you use that sort of language if you were face to face?

yes.

And do you often get punched on the nose?
that is why I am respected and liked.

Your opinion

People know where they stand with
me. I don't hide behind a mask.

I see you remain anonymous on this group.

What you see is what you get. THAT is why I
have many neighbours who I can turn to for help. You have not, thus you
have
to advertise on here.

I didn't advertise. I asked a question about a market price. it was you who
butted in with a load of irrelevant rubbbish about how you impose on your
neighbours.

Think about that sonny Jim. Who has friends and neighbours? Me. What have
you got? A jumped up pretentious attitude without neighbours to help.

I don't need to congratulate myself thanks.

spakker 09-06-2005 10:27 AM

"Duncan Heenan" wrote
I was not asking where I could find one; I was asking what a reasonable
market price to pay would be.

And ,duncan, I told you how to find out for your area-but you snapped back.
I think you have an attitude-problem.

Mike 09-06-2005 10:31 AM

And ,duncan, I told you how to find out for your area-but you snapped

back.
I think you have an attitude-problem.

Quite agree with that observation

Duncan Heenan 09-06-2005 05:52 PM

"Mike" wrote in message

And ,duncan, I told you how to find out for your area-but you snapped

back.
I think you have an attitude-problem.

Quite agree with that observation

I'll leave it to you to have the last word as you are obviously the type who
is only satisfied with that.

Duncan Heenan 09-06-2005 05:52 PM

"spakker" wrote in message

"Duncan Heenan" wrote
I was not asking where I could find one; I was asking what a reasonable
market price to pay would be.

And ,duncan, I told you how to find out for your area-but you snapped
back.
I think you have an attitude-problem.

Yes, I don't suffer fools gladly.

spakker 09-06-2005 09:34 PM

"Duncan Heenan" wrote in message
Yes, I don't suffer fools gladly.

Fair enough, but people who don't live on the I.O.W. will not know the local
labour situation. It's a local question.
B.T.W. I planted a female kiwi fruit last year and progress was sad, however
this year it is turning into the thug they can be!
Regarding anti-weed covering I've just got a garden shredder and it's output
is a perfect mulch (see garden shredder report)

Janet Tweedy 10-06-2005 12:45 AM

In article , Duncan Heenan
writes

Dear 'Spakker',
I asked a sensible question about market practice. If you have no answer,
why the stupid sarcasm?
As a matter of interest I normally do my own gardening, but I have to go
away for a couple of months. Also there a re a lot of people not 'healthy'
enough to do their own gardening.

AND if we all did all our own gardening there would be no work for
gardeners!

I would ring up a few of the garden care firms Duncan and ask them how
much they would charge, they might give you a cheaper price for a
regular job.
It will give you a guide to how much they expect. If you can, try and
get someone to come round a couple of times before you go so that you
can see how good they are/ or aren't!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy