Old 10-06-2005, 02:54 PM
Sue

Default Gaura "Ballerina Blush"

Does anyone grow this Gaura? Have just acquired a plant and am trying to
find out a little more about its habit so I know how to place it. Was
hoping it might be more compact than "Whirling Butterflies".

Googling hasn't helped much as websites variously describe it as growing
either 30 to 45 cm or 3 to 4 ft!

Thanks.

--
Sue

Old 10-06-2005, 09:48 PM
nambucca

"Sue" wrote in message
eenews.net...
Does anyone grow this Gaura? Have just acquired a plant and am trying to
find out a little more about its habit so I know how to place it. Was
hoping it might be more compact than "Whirling Butterflies".

Googling hasn't helped much as websites variously describe it as growing
either 30 to 45 cm or 3 to 4 ft!

Thanks.

--
Sue

I wish i knew too

Having paid a lot of money for my Gaura it seems they dont like my soil so
they just disappeared

Old 12-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Sue

"nambucca" wrote
I wish i knew too

Having paid a lot of money for my Gaura it seems they dont like my soil
so they just disappeared

I got this new plant from a nursery stall on the local market for £1.50 so
I consider that a bargain.

Afaia, Gauras generally need quite well drained soil and lots of sun. I
think it tends to be soggy conditions in winter that sees them off, so
hopefully they're going to like my light, sandy soil. I left some of the
top growth on for extra protection until the new shoots got going in Spring
on the two varieties I planted last year and they've survived so far.

Any more info on Ballerina Blush gratefully received.

--
Sue