GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Weeds in the patio (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95779-weeds-patio.html)

[email protected] 12-06-2005 08:24 PM

Weeds in the patio

I have weeds growing through my patio. Does anyone know of an organic
solution that will get rid of them?

Phil

Pam Moore 12-06-2005 08:37 PM

On 12 Jun 2005 12:24:03 -0700, wrote:

I have weeds growing through my patio. Does anyone know of an organic
solution that will get rid of them?

Phil

Flame gun? On GQT Bob Flowerdew said that the best way of all was a
steam paint stripping maching.

Pam in Bristol

Colin Jacobs 12-06-2005 08:37 PM

Salt water, a flame gun or a knife or hoe,
oups.com...

Jupiter 12-06-2005 10:06 PM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 19:37:43 GMT, "Colin Jacobs"
wrote:

Salt water, a flame gun or a knife or hoe,
wrote in message
roups.com...
I have weeds growing through my patio. Does anyone know of an organic
solution that will get rid of them?

Phil

Ah, but is a Sodium Chloride solution any more 'organic' than a Sodium
ChlorATE solution which might be more effective????

Sacha 12-06-2005 10:41 PM

On 12/6/05 20:24, in article
,
" wrote:

I have weeds growing through my patio. Does anyone know of an organic
solution that will get rid of them?

Phil

A sharp hoe.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Phil 13-06-2005 10:31 PM

Thanks for a lot of interesting answers. The paint stripping machine is
an unusual solution and one that I will look at closely as well as the
salt solution.

I have tried a weed wand using Butane but I did not find the flame
strong enough to be really effective. Dandelions seem to recover
quickly.

Phil