GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is now okay to divide red hot pokers? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9601-now-okay-divide-red-hot-pokers.html)

Rosie 03-03-2003 01:34 PM

Is now okay to divide red hot pokers?

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

Chris Hogg 04-03-2003 06:05 PM

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:34:33 -0000, "Rosie" wrote:

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

I've moved them at various times of the year with no problems. They
seem indestructible provided they're not in wet ground. Chop away.

--
Chris

Alan SS 05-06-2004 12:03 PM

Is now okay to divide red hot pokers?

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Hogg

Alan SS 05-06-2004 12:11 PM

Is now okay to divide red hot pokers?

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Hogg
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:34:33 -0000, "Rosie" wrote:

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

I've moved them at various times of the year with no problems. They
seem indestructible provided they're not in wet ground. Chop away.

--
Chris

Dear Chris & Rosie,
I have moved mine to various locations and they still seem to thrive! (Chris - I think they are 'indestructable'!) - however wet or dry does not seem to bother mine - I don't know why?
Rosie, I do concure with chris - 'Chop away' (ps: not a good idea for side salads!)

Alan.

John Edgar 09-06-2004 03:37 PM

Is now okay to divide red hot pokers?

wrote:

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just

chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

We broke up a large clump 2 years ago and just shoved them into the
ground in a few places. Now they are romping away again. We just dug
them out: very unscientific.
John
In limine sapientiae