GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tree surgeons (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9602-tree-surgeons.html)

Rosie 03-03-2003 01:35 PM

tree surgeons

Is there a good place to find a tree surgeon, or do I have to brave the
Russian Roulette that is the Yellow Pages?

ROSIE

Paul Kelly 03-03-2003 01:39 PM

tree surgeons

"Rosie" wrote in message
Is there a good place to find a tree surgeon, or do I have to brave the
Russian Roulette that is the Yellow Pages?

Contact you local authority "Tree Officer" - they should have a list. Thy
will not recommend an individual firm but you can have more confidence than
the Yellow Pages route

pk

Rog 04-03-2003 09:20 PM

tree surgeons

"Rosie" wrote in message
Is there a good place to find a tree surgeon, or do I have to brave the
Russian Roulette that is the Yellow Pages?

ROSIE

Beware of traveller "tree surgeons", mobile number only is the usual clue.
--
Rog
http://www.geocities.com/rogerscyberhome

Pete The Gardener 04-03-2003 09:25 PM

tree surgeons

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:39:34 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Kelly"
wrote:

"Rosie" wrote in message
Is there a good place to find a tree surgeon, or do I have to brave the
Russian Roulette that is the Yellow Pages?

Contact you local authority "Tree Officer" - they should have a list. Thy
will not recommend an individual firm but you can have more confidence than
the Yellow Pages route

You could also check the Arboricultural Association site at:
http://www.trees.org.uk/ their approved contractors are mostly
reasonably good as a minimum and often very good indeed.

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.