Old 03-03-2003, 01:35 PM
Rosie

Default tree surgeons

Is there a good place to find a tree surgeon, or do I have to brave the
Russian Roulette that is the Yellow Pages?

ROSIE

Old 03-03-2003, 01:39 PM
Paul Kelly

"Rosie" wrote in message
Is there a good place to find a tree surgeon, or do I have to brave the
Russian Roulette that is the Yellow Pages?

Contact you local authority "Tree Officer" - they should have a list. Thy
will not recommend an individual firm but you can have more confidence than
the Yellow Pages route

pk

Old 04-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Rog

"Rosie" wrote in message
Is there a good place to find a tree surgeon, or do I have to brave the
Russian Roulette that is the Yellow Pages?

ROSIE

Beware of traveller "tree surgeons", mobile number only is the usual clue.
--
Rog
http://www.geocities.com/rogerscyberhome

Old 04-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Pete The Gardener

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:39:34 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Kelly"
wrote:

"Rosie" wrote in message
Is there a good place to find a tree surgeon, or do I have to brave the
Russian Roulette that is the Yellow Pages?

Contact you local authority "Tree Officer" - they should have a list. Thy
will not recommend an individual firm but you can have more confidence than
the Yellow Pages route

You could also check the Arboricultural Association site at:
http://www.trees.org.uk/ their approved contractors are mostly
reasonably good as a minimum and often very good indeed.

--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.