GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bay tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/96201-bay-tree.html)

solaara 20-06-2005 08:42 PM

bay tree

my next door neighbour has a bay tree with sooty black stuff on the leaves..whats the cure?

Kay 20-06-2005 09:25 PM

In article , solaara solaara.1qxy80@
gardenbanter.co.uk writes

my next door neighbour has a bay tree with sooty black stuff on the
leaves..whats the cure?

Check for scale insects - the sooty black stuff is mould probably
living on excretions resulting from infestation - and deal with these.
Depending on size of bay tree, either pick off the scale insects by hand
or use a systemic insecticide - but don't use the bay leaves in your
rice pudding any more if you use the insecticide.
--
Kay