Old 12-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Roger Hembury

Default Winter

I know it's the middle of summer but what do you guys and gals plan to grow
through the winter either under glass or outside?

Roger

Old 13-07-2005, 08:40 AM
Kay

In article , Roger
Hembury writes
I know it's the middle of summer but what do you guys and gals plan to grow
through the winter either under glass or outside?

Cacti, mainly. ;-)

--
Kay

Old 13-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Roger Hembury

Hi Aries

Veg.

Just wondering what I can grow through the winter rather than just leaving
the veg plot to get covered in weeds or the greenhouse as a flower pot store
like I did last year.

Rog

"Aries" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:50:03 +0000 (UTC), Roger Hembury thought a bit,
then
had this to say:

I know it's the middle of summer but what do you guys and gals plan to
grow
through the winter either under glass or outside?

Roger

Flowers or veg ?
--
The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it,
to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not,

Old 14-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Broadback

"Aries" wrote in message

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:50:03 +0000 (UTC), Roger Hembury thought a bit,
then
had this to say:

I know it's the middle of summer but what do you guys and gals plan to
grow
through the winter either under glass or outside?

Roger

Flowers or veg ?
--
The true secret of giving advice is, after you have honestly given it,
to be perfectly indifferent whether it is taken or not,
and never persist in trying to set people right.
http://www.copelands.plus.com/val/
Skype: ariesval

Spinach and potatoes come to mind. The spuds need to be prepared, and
be bought from various places, D T Brown and Dobies, personally I like
Nicola. If you buy from Dobies you will get the spinach thrown in free.
also winter lettuce. Must be many more.

--
All replies to this email address are deleted on receipt.

Common sense, not common market.
Old 18-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Roger Hembury

"Aries" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:21:23 +0000 (UTC), Roger Hembury thought a bit,
then
had this to say:

Hi Aries

Veg.

Just wondering what I can grow through the winter rather than just
leaving
the veg plot to get covered in weeds or the greenhouse as a flower pot
store
like I did last year.

Rog

Well I can only say what I would grow - swedes, leeks, sprouts and purple
sprouting broccoli if you either buy the little plants or seed them soon,
spinach
--
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
http://www.copelands.plus.com/val/
Skype: ariesval

Hi Aries

Thanks for those suggestions.

Hopefully those plants are fairly frost resistant as I live in quite a frost
pocket.

Cheers

Roger