Old 18-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Phil L

Default Tagetes

Or french marigolds, whichever name you want to give them...I saved
seedheads from last years flowers and they all germinated - they all came
out one colour - bright orange, whereas their parents were a mixture of
African and French and ranged from deep reddy-orange to yellow, I'm not too
bothered about this though as they are only to brighten up hanging baskets
etc and so I come to the crux of the problem: they seem to be sufering some
sort of attack, their leaves have been eaten (slugs?) and no amount of slug
pellets have cured the problem, so much so that a few big plants are now
dying back and their flowers diminishing..strangely it's the ones in the
baskets and high up planters that are troubled the most, the ones planted
directly into the soil are fine, what I want to know is, is this because I
saved seeds myself? - are the parents bred to be resistant to whatever it is
that is seeing off my once healthy plants?

All of the plants recieve full sun and the same nutrition (miracle gro,
fish, blood and bone and a rich compost)

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.