GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cats ..... ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/97671-cats.html)

troubleinstore 20-07-2005 06:42 AM

Cats ..... ?

I was told the other day that to keep cats from using your garden as a
toilet, the best way, which is extremely cheap and efficient, is to tie a
couple CD's together, one above the other and hang them in the garden.

Has anyone tried this please and does it work ..... ?

If it does, I'm off to ASDA to get a few AOL giveaways
--
troubleinstore

Oxymel of Squill 20-07-2005 10:03 AM

I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a member of
the coleus family

Spider 20-07-2005 06:10 PM

Oxymel of Squill wrote in message
eenews.net...
I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a member

of
the coleus family

The plant is Coleus canina. Haven't tried it though, because I love my cats
who, I suspect, would *love* to play with a CD mobile!!
Spider

shazzbat 20-07-2005 06:52 PM

"Spider" wrote in message

Oxymel of Squill wrote in message
eenews.net...
I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details

like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a

member
of
the coleus family

The plant is Coleus canina. Haven't tried it though,

A friend of mine has. Apparently it repelled the cats at least three feet
away.

Steve

BAC 21-07-2005 10:11 AM

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

Oxymel of Squill wrote in message
eenews.net...
I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work

on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details

like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a

member
of
the coleus family

The plant is Coleus canina. Haven't tried it though,

A friend of mine has. Apparently it repelled the cats at least three feet
away.

It's supposed to repel dogs, too. But it isn't hardy, so only really works
(if, indeed it does work) in summer.

Spider 21-07-2005 12:17 PM

BAC wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

Oxymel of Squill wrote in message
eenews.net...
I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work

on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details

like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a

member
of
the coleus family

The plant is Coleus canina. Haven't tried it though,

A friend of mine has. Apparently it repelled the cats at least three

feet
away.

It's supposed to repel dogs, too. But it isn't hardy, so only really works
(if, indeed it does work) in summer.

But, I understand, it grows readily from cuttings (as do most Coleus), and
can be overwintered indoors.
Spider