Old 20-07-2005, 06:42 AM
troubleinstore

Default Cats ..... ?

I was told the other day that to keep cats from using your garden as a
toilet, the best way, which is extremely cheap and efficient, is to tie a
couple CD's together, one above the other and hang them in the garden.

Has anyone tried this please and does it work ..... ?

If it does, I'm off to ASDA to get a few AOL giveaways
--
troubleinstore

Old 20-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Oxymel of Squill

I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a member of
the coleus family

Old 20-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Spider

Oxymel of Squill wrote in message
eenews.net...
I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a member

of
the coleus family

The plant is Coleus canina. Haven't tried it though, because I love my cats
who, I suspect, would *love* to play with a CD mobile!!
Spider

Old 20-07-2005, 06:52 PM
shazzbat

"Spider" wrote in message

Oxymel of Squill wrote in message
eenews.net...
I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details

like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a

member
of
the coleus family

The plant is Coleus canina. Haven't tried it though,

A friend of mine has. Apparently it repelled the cats at least three feet
away.

Steve

Old 21-07-2005, 10:11 AM
BAC

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

Oxymel of Squill wrote in message
eenews.net...
I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work

on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details

like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a

member
of
the coleus family

The plant is Coleus canina. Haven't tried it though,

A friend of mine has. Apparently it repelled the cats at least three feet
away.

It's supposed to repel dogs, too. But it isn't hardy, so only really works
(if, indeed it does work) in summer.

Old 21-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Spider

BAC wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

Oxymel of Squill wrote in message
eenews.net...
I didn't know it was advised for cats, but it certainly doesn't work

on
pigeons

I have a rather unpleasant plant (don't quiz me on technical details

like
its name) from T&M which seems to repel cats. I rather fancy its a

member
of
the coleus family

The plant is Coleus canina. Haven't tried it though,

A friend of mine has. Apparently it repelled the cats at least three

feet
away.

It's supposed to repel dogs, too. But it isn't hardy, so only really works
(if, indeed it does work) in summer.

But, I understand, it grows readily from cuttings (as do most Coleus), and
can be overwintered indoors.
Spider

Cats Lozzie Gardening 2 03-02-2004 08:43 PM
Cats terrorise my fish! Scooby Don't Ponds 22 22-12-2003 07:12 AM
Cats any ideas update auntie_biotic United Kingdom 3 25-04-2003 12:08 AM
cats julie manns United Kingdom 82 07-04-2003 07:56 AM
cats Oxymel of Squill United Kingdom 1 19-01-2003 01:04 AM