GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lilies are dangerous to cats (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/97813-lilies-dangerous-cats.html)

Ted 23-07-2005 12:27 PM

Lilies are dangerous to cats

other than the ultimate, death, what symptoms would we see.

dj

datsy 23-07-2005 12:36 PM

other than the ultimate, death, what symptoms would we see.

Take a look at this:
http://www.cfainc.org/articles/lily-dangers.html

Tumbleweed 23-07-2005 01:29 PM

"Ted" wrote in message
other than the ultimate, death, what symptoms would we see.

dj

not dangerous enough or I wouldnt have so many shitting in my garden, in one
case about 6 inches away from 3 large lilies.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

cineman 23-07-2005 03:41 PM

Hi,
Cats can ingest pollen from Lilies by brushing against the open flowers then
licking their fur.
Keep Lilies in pots at higher level, or (fence off with electrified fencing)
regards
Cineman

mike crowe 23-07-2005 05:29 PM

I like the Electric Fence idea :-))

1000 volts to deter the vermin from coming back? (Then skin and cook.
Tastes like Rabbit)

Mike :-))

mike crowe 23-07-2005 07:16 PM

My daughter shoots them, (and rabbits) and puts them on the bonfire.

Any good?

BoyPete 23-07-2005 07:25 PM

mike crowe wrote:
My daughter shoots them, (and rabbits) and puts them on the bonfire.

Any good?

can't she cook then? :)
--
ßôyþëtë

mike crowe 23-07-2005 07:38 PM

She doesn't cook

Nick Maclaren 23-07-2005 07:44 PM

In article .com,
mike crowe wrote:
She doesn't cook

And just WHAT did her parents think they were doing, bringing up a
child that doesn't cook? I call it disgraceful.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

mike crowe 23-07-2005 07:48 PM

What do you employ staff for?

BoyPete 23-07-2005 07:53 PM

mike crowe wrote:
What do you employ staff for?

rofl
--
ßôyþëtë

cineman 23-07-2005 08:51 PM

Hi,

feed them on corn until they are too heavy to fly, shoot to kill, cook with
garlic, and other herbs, or use lemon juice and parsley.

Dont forget to get rid of feathers first, which, if sterilised could make
cat pillow. And if eating wild pigeon dont grab you, the dogs or cats will
love you.( or the local foxes)

Nearly got hit on head today by pigeon, it could not take off in time, i
took a swipe at it whilst ducking and just caught the edge of its wing, drat
it still got away.

regards
Cineman

eenews.net...

Mike Lyle 24-07-2005 07:32 PM

mike crowe wrote:
What do you employ staff for?

To teach the children how to cook.

--
Mike.

Mike 24-07-2005 07:41 PM

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
mike crowe wrote:
What do you employ staff for?

To teach the children how to cook.

Children don't go near the kitchens. That is the domain of the domestic
staff. You would have children on the lawn mowers would you?