Old 23-04-2008, 07:56 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Any Tips On Pond

We are in the process of making a small pond for coy fist and
lillies. Here is a small slide show of it, link below. We are
debating weather to cement it or get heave duty plastic. Im tired of
plastic and dont really like the black hard plastic. Any tips would be
great. Thanks, Judy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/sli...oductions.html
Old 23-04-2008, 12:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:56:56 -0700 (PDT), gardenlife
wrote:

We are in the process of making a small pond for coy fist and
lillies. Here is a small slide show of it, link below. We are
debating weather to cement it or get heave duty plastic. Im tired of
plastic and dont really like the black hard plastic. Any tips would be
great. Thanks, Judy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/sli...oductions.html

Dirt is easier than plastic. Plastic is easier than cement. My
8000-gallon pond has a dirt bottom. A steep edge was built to deter
heron from walking into the pond.
Old 23-04-2008, 12:39 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

We are in the process of making a small pond for coy fist and
lillies. Here is a small slide show of it, link below. We are
debating weather to cement it or get heave duty plastic. Im tired of
plastic and dont really like the black hard plastic. Any tips would be
great. Thanks, Judy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/sli...oductions.html

Dirt is easier than plastic. Plastic is easier than cement. My
8000-gallon pond has a dirt bottom. A steep edge was built to deter
heron from walking into the pond.

Perhaps your library get you a copy. Us $ 229

http://www.amazon.com/Pond-Fisheries...artyshev/dp/90
61914108

We have had ponds about for awhile. Made out of concrete. One issue we
feel is crucial is the pond should have a reasonable slope. This
enables ice to ride up and down and not break the structure due to
expansion. Our pond is made of about 4 inches think and 3 feet deep.

Have fun!

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Old 23-04-2008, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

While looking about for Whole Earth info on ponds found this.

http://www.der-saubere-teich.de/index.php?id=55&L=1

Contents
€ Pond construction - concepts, rules and tips
€ Description and sketches to illustrate construction and technology
€ Cleaning and maintaining a pond, water analysis
€ Substrates, filling materials, stones Contents

Old 23-04-2008, 04:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article
,
gardenlife wrote:

We are in the process of making a small pond for coy fist and
lillies. Here is a small slide show of it, link below. We are
debating weather to cement it or get heave duty plastic. Im tired of
plastic and dont really like the black hard plastic. Any tips would be
great. Thanks, Judy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/sli...oductions.html

You may want to check http://allyoudoisfeedthefish.net/index.html . This
is a site maintained by a recent poster by the name of Christian. He
does pod maintenance but the site has a number of helpful links.

Christian, if you see this, you may want to provide some way of turning
off the audio to your site. I found it irritating after 15 sec.
Otherwise, well done:-)
--

Billy

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=7WBB0s...eature=related