Old 20-05-2009, 04:22 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Giant Spider Eating a Bird caught on Camera...

Hey Group,

This was a pretty crazy picture. I hope that we don't have anything to
rival this Spider from Australia. I would hate to

find something like that in my backyard.

Let Me Know What You Think?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ear...on-camera.html

Best Regards,

Brian from Wisconsin
Old 20-05-2009, 08:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
len len is offline

g'day brian,

the spider is common in our gardens as far as i know and not being a
spider expert they are an orb spider, also as far as i know their bite
to humans is not fatal but different people react in different ways to
bites. so would think that due to how common they are bites are few
and far between.

now i said all that to say this there is a bird eating spider that is
capable of taking very small birds but as far as i know it does not
habitate in aussie gardens. now the house sparrow caught in that web
must have been dead or near to it, for the gossimer to contain it and
the spider would need fangs like dracular to get through all the
feathers and deliver a fatal bite, all while the bird is thrashing
about trying to escape the web.

you getting the picture? now if you had a dead sparrow and hung it in
the web and shook the web a bit the spider would investigate as is
seen in the picture.

to me i'd say it is an ellaborate set up a for the fun of it shot. the
bird also seems to have one leg missing?

but well done hey chuckle?

On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:22:22 -0700 (PDT), BrianFromWisconsin
wrote:
snipped

[IMG] code is On

ORCHARD BLOOMS CAMERA - CAMERA.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 0 05-06-2013 02:21 PM
giant morning glory? giant morning glory.txt (1 of 9) (1/1) Anne's little brother Bob Garden Photos 2 30-03-2013 07:41 PM
giant morning glory? giant morning glory 2012-09-19 08.00.26.jpg (2 of 9) (1/1) Anne's little brother Bob Garden Photos 0 19-09-2012 09:08 AM
Bird box + camera Alan United Kingdom 48 20-02-2009 11:55 AM
If a geezer can't call a bird a bird what can he call a bird? Peter Gregson Gardening 9 05-11-2003 10:02 PM