Old 30-05-2009, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default corn stunted

I planted corn this year in two established and separate raised
garden beds. Same seeds, same fertilizer... etc... but in one bed,
the corn is about half the size, and didnt appear to be as healthy.
I really am concerned that something is wrong with the soil, or I
have a nematode problem... or something that I cant see...

Any suggestions? Any ideas what might cause the stunted growth of
the plants? Also last year or two, the other plants that I have
tried to grow in that bed didnt seem to be as healthy. Pumpkins had
bad foliar diseases (powdery mildew), stunted growth, etc.

I added a lot of compost, and soil to the bed, earlier this year -
thinking it was deficient in some sort of nutrient, but that cant be
the case this year.

Any ideas, or suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.95 Beta 3

[IMG] code is On

Stunted Sweet Corn ksc654 Edible Gardening 1 04-10-2009 07:50 AM
Stunted corn General Schvantzkoph Edible Gardening 1 27-08-2009 11:53 AM
Stunted pepper plants Mark Edible Gardening 1 01-06-2003 02:08 AM
Stunted veggies FerdyPooh Gardening 1 30-05-2003 03:08 AM
Stunted tomatoes subbykins{Chrd} United Kingdom 1 28-05-2003 12:32 PM