my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

Old 20-02-2006, 12:30 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

Jonno wrote:

Its OK for Jospeh Banks who was a millionare scientist..

The one on Cooks trips?
That was because the system of scientific names was only just starting
or was many seperate systems. He was one of the people that helped
demonstrate the needs.

Old 20-02-2006, 12:52 PM posted to aus.gardens

Terry Collins wrote:
Jonno wrote:

Its OK for Jospeh Banks who was a millionare scientist..

The one on Cooks trips?
That was because the system of scientific names was only just starting
or was many seperate systems. He was one of the people that helped
demonstrate the needs.

Yeah he's "the man" He was as I see it a great scientist, and able to
afford to be. But I only wanna grow vege's.
A fascinating story if ever there was one.
You noticed they speared cook, not banks
If they knew what banks would be doing later on, they would have left
the cook alone.

Leave the name droppers to the "experts" not the pretend experts you
hear spouting that they know the name of this or that like that radio
station gardening pretender.
Old 22-02-2006, 11:22 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article ,
Jonno wrote:

Leave the name droppers to the "experts" not the pretend experts you
hear spouting that they know the name of this or that like that radio
station gardening pretender.

LOL -- which one is that?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.
Old 22-02-2006, 11:31 AM posted to aus.gardens

In article
,
Terry Collins wrote:

As was pointed out, there are reasons why knowing the latin name is
necessary., e.g. someone on TV called "Oyster Plants" "Bear Bonnets".

He said Bear's Breeches -- I was watching too! Acanthus mollis. And you need
to know that they're acanthus if you like architecture, because Classical
Greek buildings (and ensuing revivals) used Acanthus as a motif, and they call
it Acanthus, not Oyster Plant or Bear's Breeches!

See pics he

http://www.meublepeint.com/acanthe.htm

Old 23-02-2006, 12:09 AM posted to aus.gardens

Chookie wrote:
In article
,
Terry Collins wrote:

As was pointed out, there are reasons why knowing the latin name is
necessary., e.g. someone on TV called "Oyster Plants" "Bear Bonnets".

He said Bear's Breeches -- I was watching too! Acanthus mollis. And you need
to know that they're acanthus if you like architecture, because Classical
Greek buildings (and ensuing revivals) used Acanthus as a motif, and they call
it Acanthus, not Oyster Plant or Bear's Breeches!

See pics he

http://www.meublepeint.com/acanthe.htm

Er any plant with that sorta name aint on my list of desirables.
The confusion on TV is minor compared to the written word.
References to greek buildings while referring to plants isnt a
requirement, unless your hobbies are plants and buildings.
Yes names are important, but I still say unless youre a nursery man, its
not necessary. Mere details.
For scientists and students, its great to know what species, but Ive
found that familiarity with types of plants allows insight into species
which can be quite accurate for home purposes.
Any plant that has a latin name gets zeroed for ease of gardening..

Old 12-12-2016, 12:46 AM posted to aus.gardens

Hi can you help me my passion fruit vine is dying the vine is only 2 years old just 4weeks ago I noticed the leaves where going brown and the fruit started to die Whot did I do for this to happen please can some one help I would have over 70 passion front on it it doesn't look well
Old 12-12-2016, 01:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1

wrote in message
Hi can you help me my passion fruit vine is dying the vine is only 2 years
old just 4weeks ago I noticed the leaves where going brown and the fruit
started to die Whot did I do for this to happen please can some one help I
would have over 70 passion front on it it doesn't look well

Try this
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/purple-...own-48884.html

Old 09-01-2017, 01:05 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
SG1 wrote:

wrote in message
Hi can you help me my passion fruit vine is dying the vine is only 2
years old just 4weeks ago I noticed the leaves where going brown and the
fruit started to die Whot did I do for this to happen please can some
one help I would have over 70 passion front on it it doesn't look well

Try this
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/purple-...own-48884.html

Passion FRUIT.Have you thought of doing your own search?

https://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/...uit.html#Pests and
Diseases