Lime tree fruit dropping

Old 05-04-2003, 06:34 AM
Elegant Embroidery

Default Lime tree fruit dropping

Hello.

My lime tree is a mature (12 year) Tahitian Lime, and it does the same
thing.........I have always looked on it as the tree setting its viable
crop. Nothing I've done across the years when varying its food and water
have ever changed this.

Joanne (in Perth)
Helena wrote in message
Hi,

Any ideas on why my lime tree drops its baby fruit just after flowering?
It's two years old, produced tons of full-grown limes earlier in the year
(mmm, Margaritas!). Next batch are all dropping once they transform from
blossoms to little tiny limes. The tree is really bushy and leafy, with most
leaves thankfully free of that leaf miner (I spray with that Pest Oil
stuff). I planted it in the some really rich soil - compost & manure - and
I feed it regularly - about a handful of citrus food every 3 months, plus
some Manganese twice a year. Is it too little food, or too much? As it's
getting bigger and bushier, should I feed it a lot more? I'm a bit nervous
to do so in case it's too much. I water it thoroughly every day with water
I've collected from the house (while waiting for the hot water to get hot,
etc.). What to do?????????