Old 16-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Registered User

Default Edible?

I found these things growing in my garden. Are they edible?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/im...les470x353.jpg
Old 16-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Registered User

Of course, you can eat anything in your garden. Why, I ate a pair of doves that landed on my lawn yesterday.

Also, while we're on the topic of lawns, anyone who waters their lawn is a douchebag.
Old 17-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
I found these things growing in my garden. Are they edible?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/im...les470x353.jpg
They're stinging nettles & I wouldn't try eating them raw if I were you! If you want to eat them gather some with thick gloves & try this or a similar nettle soup recipe

http://www.frugal.org.uk/nettle.html

Bon appetit!
Old 17-06-2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

http://tinyurl.com/44prgw

They're stinging nettles & I wouldn't try eating them raw if I were
you! If you want to eat them gather some with thick gloves & try this
or a similar nettle soup recipe

http://www.frugal.org.uk/nettle.html

Bon appetit!

It is an extremely nutritious plant.
http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Urtica+dioica
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Old 18-06-2008, 07:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Hi All.

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
Freedom_Spark wrote:

I found these things growing in my garden. Are they edible?

http://tinyurl.com/44prgw

They're stinging nettles & I wouldn't try eating them raw if I were
you! If you want to eat them gather some with thick gloves & try this
or a similar nettle soup recipe

http://www.frugal.org.uk/nettle.html

Bon appetit!

It is an extremely nutritious plant.
http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Urtica+dioica
--

Makes a good beer as well.

Richard M. Watkin.

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Color not edible #2 - Color not edible.jpg (1/1) William Wagner[_2_] Garden Photos 0 30-06-2007 05:30 PM
edible leaves John Savage Australia 3 21-05-2003 09:08 AM
Edible Aquarium Plants? Pnetspeak Freshwater Aquaria Plants 14 20-04-2003 06:12 AM
Sprouting/Growing Edible Chestnut? Terry United Kingdom 6 11-03-2003 12:32 PM