Old 24-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Don Dickson

Default Rabbit bait

Has anyone had any success with live trapping rabbits? If so what
did you use for bait?

--
Don Dickson

Old 24-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Nonya

I just built a trap before all the rain hit the other day...I'm going to try
some leaf lettuce. I'll let you know if it works.

rs.com...

Old 24-05-2003, 10:56 PM

peanut butter. apples and apple juice. Ingrid

Don Dickson wrote:

Has anyone had any success with live trapping rabbits? If so what
did you use for bait?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 25-05-2003, 03:20 AM
susabean

rabbits love pansies, basil, sage, herbs, bananas.......

at least our pet rabbits do.....I know the wild rabbits seem to love my
herbs and pansies as well.

what do you do with the rabbit once you trap it? Take it to another
location??

hth
Tammy

--
The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of
the originality.
Beatrix Potter

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats

www.pictureparables.com

"Don Dickson" wrote in message
rs.com...

Don Dickson wrote:

Has anyone had any success with live trapping rabbits? If so what
did you use for bait?

Will peanut butter work on rabbits too? I've had great succss on
squirrels and chipmunks with peanut butter but I didn't think of
using it for rabbits.

Apples seem like a good suggestion. Thanks for your help.

--
Don Dickson

---

Old 25-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Don Dickson

In article ,
"susabean" wrote:

rabbits love pansies, basil, sage, herbs, bananas.......

at least our pet rabbits do.....I know the wild rabbits seem to love my
herbs and pansies as well.

what do you do with the rabbit once you trap it? Take it to another
location??

Yes. A couple of years ago when we had a squirrel plague I got
tired of paying for the gas it took to relocate the squirrels.
Research shows squirrels need to be moved up to 15 miles or they
will likely return. Hopefully rabbits are a bit less likely to
return. Our house is on the edge of a forest/agricultural area so
there are plenty of new places for country living. :-))

--
Don Dickson

Old 25-05-2003, 03:44 AM
Dave Fouchey

Simple solution: Stew....with those same Herbs. Toss some of the
pansy's in with the Salad...

Dave

On Sun, 25 May 2003 02:29:24 GMT, Don Dickson
wrote:

In article ,
"susabean" wrote:

rabbits love pansies, basil, sage, herbs, bananas.......

at least our pet rabbits do.....I know the wild rabbits seem to love my
herbs and pansies as well.

what do you do with the rabbit once you trap it? Take it to another
location??

Yes. A couple of years ago when we had a squirrel plague I got
tired of paying for the gas it took to relocate the squirrels.
Research shows squirrels need to be moved up to 15 miles or they
will likely return. Hopefully rabbits are a bit less likely to
return. Our house is on the edge of a forest/agricultural area so
there are plenty of new places for country living. :-))

Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR
http://photos.yahoo.com/davefouchey
Southeastern Lower Michigan
42° 35' 20'' N,
82° 58' 37'' W
GMT Offset: -5
Time Zone: Eastern
Old 25-05-2003, 04:44 AM
susabean

awwwwwww...........thats terrible. Everyone *knows* its oregano, bay
leaves, garlic and paprika for a rabbit stew!

http://www.readio.com/archives/0111/...delicious.html

Blessings,
Tammy
*who would NEVER eat her pet buns, nor the cottontails that eat her herbs
and pansies.....that's what soy is for......*

--

"Dave Fouchey" wrote in message
Simple solution: Stew....with those same Herbs. Toss some of the
pansy's in with the Salad...

Dave

On Sun, 25 May 2003 02:29:24 GMT, Don Dickson

Old 25-05-2003, 05:08 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Sat, 24 May 2003 23:34:22 -0400, "susabean"
wrote:

awwwwwww...........thats terrible. Everyone *knows* its oregano, bay
leaves, garlic and paprika for a rabbit stew!

http://www.readio.com/archives/0111/...delicious.html

Blessings,
Tammy
*who would NEVER eat her pet buns, nor the cottontails that eat her herbs
and pansies.....that's what soy is for......*

And here I thought Soy was for Sauce....

(by the way none of our pet Bunnies ever were eaten either..)

Oh and toss in some Rosemary too...

Dave

Old 25-05-2003, 05:20 AM
susabean

I'm suddenly starting to have Monty Python flashbacks......."run away! run
away!"

(of course, none of my rabbits are white.....Sylvia is silver, though.....)

anyway.........back to gardening.

Blessings,
Tammy

Old 25-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Dave Fouchey

On Sun, 25 May 2003 00:18:54 -0400, "susabean"
wrote:

I'm suddenly starting to have Monty Python flashbacks......."run away! run
away!"

(of course, none of my rabbits are white.....Sylvia is silver, though.....)

anyway.........back to gardening.

Blessings,
Tammy

LOL Good catch Tammy. Happy Gardening...

And as an aside I put out veggie peelings for the cottontails, what
doesn't go to the compost that is..then again I also feed peanuts to
the resident squirrels...ok so I'm a soft touch! Plant Bronze Fennel
for the Swallowtails. G

Old 25-05-2003, 05:44 AM
susabean

DON'T put out potato peelings. They are toxic to rabbits. So are citrus
peels.

Just general fyi......

blessings,
Tammy

Old 25-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Dave Fouchey

I try not to put out members of the Nightshade or Citrus families for
that very reason. The do love apple peels though!

Dave

On Sun, 25 May 2003 00:36:34 -0400, "susabean"
wrote:

DON'T put out potato peelings. They are toxic to rabbits. So are citrus
peels.

Just general fyi......

blessings,
Tammy

Dave Fouchey, WA4EMR
http://photos.yahoo.com/davefouchey
Southeastern Lower Michigan
42° 35' 20'' N,
82° 58' 37'' W
GMT Offset: -5
Time Zone: Eastern

[IMG] code is On

Better Rabbit trap for those with rabbit problems Archimedes Plutonium Plant Science 7 20-02-2004 10:02 PM
Make a disposable Slug trap :what bait? Joseph Chong Gardening 16 08-02-2004 05:32 PM
bait [email protected] Plant Science 0 01-02-2004 11:58 AM
New Gel Bait Now Available for Fire Ant Control Bob Batson Gardening 0 16-06-2003 08:20 PM
slugs bait eaten...... by cats? Philippe Gautier United Kingdom 7 28-05-2003 08:20 AM