A truly black rose!

Old 23-05-2003, 07:44 PM
Anita Bath

Default A truly black rose!

I got this tidbit from my husband's cousin Phil who is a contract grower
for Jackson & Perkins out in Oregon.

Sometime around July 4th J&P is set to announce the first rose bush with
truly black flowers. It has been in the works for years and is ready to
be released to the public for the 2004 growing season. It is apparently
a three way cross between an Old English, a hybrid tea and a floribunda.
Not only does it have truly black petals, but also has a strong
pleasing fragrance, similar to Tropicana, and is said to be almost
completely resistant to Black Spot. Rumor has it that it's name will be
"Hillary Clinton," in honor of the former first lady.

I can't wait for this one!

Old 23-05-2003, 08:20 PM
waters

"Anita Bath" wrote in message
Rumor has it that it's name will be
"Hillary Clinton," in honor of the former first lady.

Well, they say Clinton was our first black president...

Old 23-05-2003, 10:32 PM
David Hill

".... Rumor has it that it's name will be "Hillary Clinton,"..."

Will have to watch for suckers close to the base.

Old 24-05-2003, 06:08 AM
Cereoid-UR12yo

There is no such thing as a three way cross.

Unless maybe you yourself are the result of a three way between your mother,
your father and the mailman!!!

Your husband's cousin Phil might be pulling your leg!!!

You need a lot more than a bath.

Old 24-05-2003, 06:20 AM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Its a hoax, you dumb honkey.

Old 24-05-2003, 05:56 PM
[email protected]

It would be better to name it Rosa Parks. Ingrid

Anita Bath wrote:

I got this tidbit from my husband's cousin Phil who is a contract grower
for Jackson & Perkins out in Oregon.

Sometime around July 4th J&P is set to announce the first rose bush with
truly black flowers. It has been in the works for years and is ready to
be released to the public for the 2004 growing season. It is apparently
a three way cross between an Old English, a hybrid tea and a floribunda.
Not only does it have truly black petals, but also has a strong
pleasing fragrance, similar to Tropicana, and is said to be almost
completely resistant to Black Spot. Rumor has it that it's name will be
"Hillary Clinton," in honor of the former first lady.

I can't wait for this one!

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 24-05-2003, 10:20 PM
paghat

Does the name Ruby Begonia strike a familiar note?

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 25-05-2003, 09:08 AM
Cereoid-UR12yo

No, it don't. Whys don't you 'splain it to us, Saphire?

paghat wrote in message
news
Does the name Ruby Begonia strike a familiar note?

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Black Spot, Sulphur & 'Organic Rose' Book John T. Jarrett Texas 5 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Culinary herbFAQ part 6/7 Henriette Kress Edible Gardening 0 31-03-2003 01:56 PM
black rose Joe May sci.agriculture 1 05-03-2003 04:51 PM
Culinary herbFAQ part 6/7 Henriette Kress Edible Gardening 0 28-02-2003 06:39 PM