Old 28-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Shellie Cahill

Default Grow light???

Any ideas on a good inexpensive grow light?? We brought all our potted
tropicals in our garage the other night so they would not freeze. One
plant(palm) is about 8 ft tall and about 300 pounds. It is not easy to keep
bringing all this in and out of the garage so any ideas ?? I would love to
get some type of grow light and keep all these plants in until spring.

Old 28-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Suzie-Q

Shellie Cahill wrote:

Any ideas on a good inexpensive grow light?? We brought all our potted
tropicals in our garage the other night so they would not freeze. One
plant(palm) is about 8 ft tall and about 300 pounds. It is not easy to keep
bringing all this in and out of the garage so any ideas ?? I would love to
get some type of grow light and keep all these plants in until spring.

Any florsecent light will do. Go to Wal-Mart and get one of their cheap
florescent lights for about $12.

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Old 28-11-2003, 05:02 AM
Sherwin Dubren

Hi Shellie,
Just be sure to get a flourescent that has the right spectrum for
growing plants (usually a warmer frequency type). I bought my last set
at Menards, but I'm sure they are available widely. I used a simple
shop
type flourescent fixture.

Sherwin Dubren

Old 28-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Tom Randy

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 20:00:51 -0500, Shellie Cahill wrote:

Any ideas on a good inexpensive grow light?? We brought all our potted
tropicals in our garage the other night so they would not freeze. One
plant(palm) is about 8 ft tall and about 300 pounds. It is not easy to
keep bringing all this in and out of the garage so any ideas ?? I would
love to get some type of grow light and keep all these plants in until
spring.

Use regular shop lights. The 4 foot flourescent ones. It's all you need.

Old 28-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Tom Randy

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:00:11 -0500, Sherwin Dubren wrote:

Hi Shellie,
Just be sure to get a flourescent that has the right spectrum for
growing plants (usually a warmer frequency type). I bought my last set
at Menards, but I'm sure they are available widely. I used a simple shop
type flourescent fixture.

Sherwin Dubren

You can use one warm and one cool.
Old 28-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Shellie Cahill wrote:

Any ideas on a good inexpensive grow light?? We brought all our potted
tropicals in our garage the other night so they would not freeze. One
plant(palm) is about 8 ft tall

HPS or MH. Fluorescents lose too much intensity past 4" from the
tubes.

Old 28-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Dr. Moonbeam is able to post his replies in the future!

With such an amazing ability he cold get rich by predicting lottery numbers.

Isn't it about time you reset your clock, Chuckie baby?

Old 28-11-2003, 11:02 PM
David Hill

".........Dr. Moonbeam is able to post his replies in the future!........"

There are always time zones, which is why you can reply to me 5 or so hours
before I ask a question.
But If everyone would set their computers to GMT (
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/home.htm )which we all know is the only
true time then there would be no problems like this.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 29-11-2003, 12:20 AM
Phillip Sherman

David Hill wrote:
".........Dr. Moonbeam is able to post his replies in the future!........"

There are always time zones, which is why you can reply to me 5 or so hours
before I ask a question.
But If everyone would set their computers to GMT (
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/home.htm )which we all know is the only
true time then there would be no problems like this.

Thanks David, I was em tech support asking them why I was seeing the
RE'S before the original post. DA!!!

--
I live in zone 9B-10A
The zone splits in my City

Old 29-11-2003, 04:22 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Since you are in the same time zone as I am, there shouldn't be any
difference in the time of the replies. You should check your clock settings.

Old 30-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Cereoid-UR12- wrote:

Dr. Moonbeam is able to post his replies in the future!

With such an amazing ability he cold get rich by predicting lottery numbers.

Hush...