Old 10-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Registered User

Default Deformed flowers

Hi I am fairly new to having green fingers and seem to have a problem with my Clematis. At first I thought it was slugs due to holes in he leaves but now it has bloomed all of the flowers are deformed, it looks like something has been eating away at them but I don't see how that is possible when they have been in bud. Can anybody help me ?
Old 11-06-2004, 12:02 AM
Cereus-validus

Probably there are getting nocturnal visitors such as snails or slugs. Look
for a slime trail and treat accordingly for mollusk pests.

s.com...
--
Kerry

Old 11-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Kerry said:

Hi I am fairly new to having green fingers and seem to have a problem
with my Clematis. At first I thought it was slugs due to holes in he
leaves but now it has bloomed all of the flowers are deformed, it looks
like something has been eating away at them but I don't see how that is
possible when they have been in bud. Can anybody help me ?

Earwigs have been known to nibble on clematis, especially the white flowered
ones. They feed at night and hide during the day.

(attributed to Don Marti)