Old 15-04-2006, 08:19 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Default How much do GOOD landscape lights cost?

I bought 2 complete sets of malibu brand landscape lights 2 years ago,
and they were absolute junk. I tore them out last spring. Half of
the connections didn't survive the winter, and most of the lids would
not stay on in wind. They don't screw or snap on! They're just a
weak press-fit!

Anyway, how much should I expect to pay for GOOD quality landscape
lights (approximately 15-20 lights) and a good transformer/timer to
drive them all?
Old 18-04-2006, 06:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Norm

You don't say where you're located. Have you considered the new
White LED Solar Lights? They don't need connections and better yet
no wiring or transformers. With the price of hydro rising constantly you
probably would be making a good decision to go solar.

Where I am in Southern Ontario Canada - The Home Depot has a great deal on
a set of 12 Malibu Metal (Stainless Steel) Solar Lights - product number
162109 at a price of $129.98 Canadian.

I've been replacing my older wired ones as they break down with solar for
the past 4 years and so far they have survived the winters.

Old 23-04-2006, 06:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

You don't say where you're located. Have you considered the new
White LED Solar Lights?

I'm in northern Illinois.
The solar lights I've seen in the neighborhood look pretty pathetic at
night.
Old 24-04-2006, 12:31 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
James

Solar lights ALWAYS look pathetic !!!