black spots on orchids

Old 15-04-2008, 01:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default black spots on orchids

Posted for Rec.gardens .orchids Extremely small black dotson several
dendrobiums. They look like the osrchid was dusted with a fine black dust.
They are rounded (reminds me of a candy sprinkle) adn very small. IN one of
the pictures you can see the end of my first finger for comparison.

When I snapped the pictures, they did reflect the flash. That made them
look almost gunmetal in color.

What could this be? Spore pods?

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx

Attached Thumbnails
black spots on orchids-img_6274.jpg
Old 15-04-2008, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
"BruceM" wrote in message
Posted for Rec.gardens .orchids Extremely small black dotson several
dendrobiums. They look like the osrchid was dusted with a fine black
dust.
They are rounded (reminds me of a candy sprinkle) adn very small. IN one
of
the pictures you can see the end of my first finger for comparison.

When I snapped the pictures, they did reflect the flash. That made them
look almost gunmetal in color.

What could this be? Spore pods?

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
South Dallas County

Attached Thumbnails
black spots on orchids-img_6277.jpg
Old 15-04-2008, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
"BruceM" wrote in message
Posted for Rec.gardens .orchids Extremely small black dotson several
dendrobiums. They look like the osrchid was dusted with a fine black
dust.
They are rounded (reminds me of a candy sprinkle) adn very small. IN one
of
the pictures you can see the end of my first finger for comparison.

When I snapped the pictures, they did reflect the flash. That made them
look almost gunmetal in color.

What could this be? Spore pods?

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
South Dallas County

Attached Thumbnails
black spots on orchids-img_6273.jpg
Old 15-04-2008, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
"BruceM" wrote in message
Posted for Rec.gardens .orchids Extremely small black dotson several
dendrobiums. They look like the osrchid was dusted with a fine black
dust.
They are rounded (reminds me of a candy sprinkle) adn very small. IN one
of
the pictures you can see the end of my first finger for comparison.

When I snapped the pictures, they did reflect the flash. That made them
look almost gunmetal in color.

What could this be? Spore pods?

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
South Dallas County

Attached Thumbnails
black spots on orchids-img_6275.jpg
Old 15-04-2008, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
"BruceM" wrote in message
Posted for Rec.gardens .orchids Extremely small black dotson several
dendrobiums. They look like the osrchid was dusted with a fine black
dust.
They are rounded (reminds me of a candy sprinkle) adn very small. IN one
of
the pictures you can see the end of my first finger for comparison.

When I snapped the pictures, they did reflect the flash. That made them
look almost gunmetal in color.

What could this be? Spore pods?

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
South Dallas County

Attached Thumbnails
black spots on orchids-img_6276.jpg
Old 15-04-2008, 02:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

You say you were able to wipe some of these off? What I see is indents. Are
the spots soft? This looks, at first glance, like bacterial spot. Wait for
someone else to weigh in.

Are the leaves as mottled as they appear in the pictures?

Diana

"BruceM" wrote in message

Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
South Dallas County

Old 15-04-2008, 01:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

The tiny, spherical ones look like oxalis seeds.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
You say you were able to wipe some of these off? What I see is indents.
Are the spots soft? This looks, at first glance, like bacterial spot. Wait
for someone else to weigh in.

Are the leaves as mottled as they appear in the pictures?

Diana

"BruceM" wrote in message

Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
South Dallas County

Old 15-04-2008, 04:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Are these leaves dead? In the pictures they look horrible. Have you got a
picture of the whole plant?

My guess is dried up sap, darkened from age/sunlight/driness that has seeped
from holes left after a sucking insect bite holes. Possibly mites. Think
itty bitty creme brulee sugar...

K Barrett

Old 16-04-2008, 02:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On this plant, yes they are dying. Have been for awhile. I only see this on
a couple of Dens.

Tomorrow I wiull try to get them under a microscope

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx

Old 16-04-2008, 02:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I do have Oxails (Yellow wood Sorrell) aplenty here in centreal texas.

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
"Ray B" wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
The tiny, spherical ones look like oxalis seeds.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
You say you were able to wipe some of these off? What I see is indents.
Are the spots soft? This looks, at first glance, like bacterial spot.
Wait for someone else to weigh in.

Are the leaves as mottled as they appear in the pictures?

Diana

"BruceM" wrote in message

Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
South Dallas County
"BruceM" wrote in message
Posted for Rec.gardens .orchids Extremely small black dotson several
dendrobiums. They look like the osrchid was dusted with a fine black
dust.
They are rounded (reminds me of a candy sprinkle) adn very small. IN
one of
the pictures you can see the end of my first finger for comparison.

When I snapped the pictures, they did reflect the flash. That made
them
look almost gunmetal in color.

What could this be? Spore pods?

--