Birthday gift

Old 06-04-2004, 10:18 PM
GrlIntrpted

Default Birthday gift

Oh...I missed it!.... how can I go about digging it up?

-M

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I'd have to reconstruct it, though I posted the list back in February.

You
can probably still can find it.

Diana

Old 07-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Diana Kulaga

My ISP keeps these threads up for months, so I just scrolled back and found
it. Here's the original post:

Some years, I've lamented the fact that my birthday is the day before
Valentine's Day - like having a Christmas birthday.

Not this year. Frank has been taking (for the second time) the class at
Odom's, and Tuesday morning was his last session. I had a society meeting
in the afternoon, so we didn't connect until around four.

I was feeling pretty good, having bought a beautiful, near specimen size
Blc. Orange Nugget, with many, many buds about to open, from the members'
sale table at the meeting. Then, Frank took my hand and said, "Come and see
your birthday and Valentine's presents". The patio table was covered with
living color!

He had brought me (well, perhaps I should say he brought "us", since he is
clearly now addicted):

Blc. Mem. Vida Lee "Limelight"
Dtps. Taisuco Firebird x same
Dtps. Minho Princess "Louise"
C. Chocolate Drop "Kodama"

And that doesn't count the plants he brought home from every one of the five
sessions before that. (He's a goner - no more disclaimers that the hobby
belongs to me!)

Add to that the fact that Angcm. magdaleinae (yes, sp) decided to put out a
second blooming, and I say, "Who's luckier that me?". Another lanai
addition looms large.....

Diana (who is feeling very smug about having brought her husband into the
cult)

Old 07-04-2004, 04:33 AM
J Fortuna

Mariana,
Let's assume that Diana did not find the message. This is how one could go
about finding it:
1) Go to http://groups.google.com
2) Click on the "Advanced Groups Search" link
3) From Diana's posts up to here in the thread, we know some facts about

a) The group that the message was posted to was rec.gardens.orchids
b) The author was Diana Kulaga
c) The message was posted sometime in February 2004 (so the dates should be
between 1 Feb 2004 and 29 Feb 2004)
d) The message probably mentioned Frank ;-) since Diana got the orchids from
Frank
e) The message may also include "gift" or "present" or "birthday"-- but
these search criteria are probably not really needed, since finding all
messages that Diana posted to rgo in February 2004 that mentioned Frank
should enable you to locate this message fairly quickly.

Now, since Diana did find and repost this message, my reply is not as useful
in this particular case, but I hope it will help you dig up other messages
in the archives in the future. For example if I were to say that I posted a
messages to rgo a couple or a few months ago that contained a lot of tips on
how to search the rgo archive in google, you could easily locate that
message, right? :-)

Best,
Joanna

et...

Old 07-04-2004, 05:02 AM
J Fortuna

A simpler way to search without using Advanced Google:

Diana's message could also be located by typing into the simple search box
in
http://groups.google.com

author:diana group:rec.gardens.orchids Frank

Then using the link Sort by Date in the upper right hand corner, and
scrolling down into February.
I was looking for a way to specify a date range without using Advanced
Groups Search, but I cannot figure out a way to do it.

Alternatively the words "birthday" or "gift" could be added, since Diana did
say that this was a message about birthday gifts. However, that is already
taking a risk of possibly not finding the message, since Diana could have
typed "Yesterday Frank surprised me by giving me all of the following for
Valentine's Day".

Best,
Joanna

Old 26-03-2014, 07:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Monday, April 5, 2004 5:04:21 PM UTC-7, GrlIntrpted wrote:
I'm going to be celebrating my birthday this Sunday. Here is what I got as a gift from my darling husband:Phalaenopsis hieroglyphica Phalaenopsis zebrinaPhalaenopsis maniiPhalaenopsis mariae Phalaenopsis cornu-cervi v. albaPhalaenopsis cornu-cervi Phalaenopsis giganteaAll blooming size!He was trying to locate: Phal. deliiosa subsp. hookeriana, Phal. minus, Phal linenii, Dendrobium clavatum, Den. amabile, and Den tosaense but could not find a source.... Bummer!Mariana

ohh happy for u
Old 26-03-2014, 07:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Monday, 5 April 2004 19:04:21 UTC-5, GrlIntrpted wrote:
I'm going to be celebrating my birthday this Sunday. Here is what I got as a gift from my darling husband:Phalaenopsis hieroglyphica Phalaenopsis zebrinaPhalaenopsis maniiPhalaenopsis mariae Phalaenopsis cornu-cervi v. albaPhalaenopsis cornu-cervi Phalaenopsis giganteaAll blooming size!He was trying to locate: Phal. deliiosa subsp. hookeriana, Phal. minus, Phal linenii, Dendrobium clavatum, Den. amabile, and Den tosaense but could not find a source.... Bummer!Mariana

thats sounds nice
Old 26-03-2014, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Awww.... but think of the good side, you got something right?
Old 26-03-2014, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Monday, April 5, 2004 5:04:21 PM UTC-7, GrlIntrpted wrote:
I'm going to be celebrating my birthday this Sunday. Here is what I got as a gift from my darling husband:Phalaenopsis hieroglyphica Phalaenopsis zebrinaPhalaenopsis maniiPhalaenopsis mariae Phalaenopsis cornu-cervi v. albaPhalaenopsis cornu-cervi Phalaenopsis giganteaAll blooming size!He was trying to locate: Phal. deliiosa subsp. hookeriana, Phal. minus, Phal linenii, Dendrobium clavatum, Den. amabile, and Den tosaense but could not find a source.... Bummer!Mariana

wow, so happy for you....... very interesting that it made me fall asleep....boring!!!!!!!!
Old 26-03-2014, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Monday, April 5, 2004 5:04:21 PM UTC-7, GrlIntrpted wrote:
I'm going to be celebrating my birthday this Sunday. Here is what I got as a gift from my darling husband:Phalaenopsis hieroglyphica Phalaenopsis zebrinaPhalaenopsis maniiPhalaenopsis mariae Phalaenopsis cornu-cervi v. albaPhalaenopsis cornu-cervi Phalaenopsis giganteaAll blooming size!He was trying to locate: Phal. deliiosa subsp. hookeriana, Phal. minus, Phal linenii, Dendrobium clavatum, Den. amabile, and Den tosaense but could not find a source.... Bummer!Mariana

happy bday when it comes!!! good to know you got a husband who cares!
Old 26-03-2014, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Monday, April 5, 2004 5:04:21 PM UTC-7, GrlIntrpted wrote: I'm going to be celebrating my birthday this Sunday. Here is what I got as a gift from my darling husband:Phalaenopsis hieroglyphica Phalaenopsis zebrinaPhalaenopsis maniiPhalaenopsis mariae Phalaenopsis cornu-cervi v. albaPhalaenopsis cornu-cervi Phalaenopsis giganteaAll blooming size!He was trying to locate: Phal. deliiosa subsp. hookeriana, Phal. minus, Phal linenii, Dendrobium clavatum, Den. amabile, and Den tosaense but could not find a source.... Bummer!Mariana

hey thats kl