Old 23-02-2003, 01:27 AM
rusty

Default Having trouble with a fern

Not sure what kind of fern you have, and likely most the group will hit you
for not knowing the exact species and phenotype...

But on a general rule, if the leaves are turning a dark brown it is too much
water. Also, keep in mind your year, if you are in the northern Hem.... you
are in winter, even indoor plants will go dorm. they will likely need less
water now then later in the year.

"Nicholas J Ruggiero" wrote in message
om...
Hello I have a big fern and it seems like it is starting to die.
It is dropping leaves and turning brown.

Is this because of the weather or underwatering?

Anybody that has any hints please let me know.
thanks

Old 23-02-2003, 05:18 AM
Cereoid+10

What are you intending to do, Rustoleum? Clone the darn thing?

Just the name would do.

You're assuming that the plant is a true fern and not some look-alike like
Asparagus.