Old 13-06-2003, 10:32 PM
JudyK

Default Having trouble buying plants

I went to buy some plants last night at my local aquarium store but
the salespeople didn't know much about them. They didn't even know
their names. PetSmart at least had them labeled but they didn't have
what I was looking for. Where else can you get plants in Canada?

I ended up with a couple of mystery sword plants(maybe), some
grass-like stuff and a Java fern (at least they knew that one).

Judy
Old 15-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Tzeentch

Where is Canada do you live? Here in Montreal there's a store called
Aquarius with knowledgable sales person and a good set of plant, all
IDed. Online there's www.aquariumplants.com which ships worldwide,
and apparently people are very satisfied with them.

Tzeentch

Old 16-06-2003, 03:32 AM
JudyK

I'm in Ottawa so Montreal is not too far away.

Thanks for the link to aquariumplants.com. It looks like a good site
to help me with identification too. Seems like one of the mystery
plants I bought is an Echinodorus 'ozelot', an Ozelot Sword. It's very
pretty.

Judy
Old 16-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Mike

I get most of my plants from Big Al's.. They have a ton of places around
Toronto and the GTA.. There is PJ Pets, and Petcetera as well.. Not sure
about Ottawa, but surely there must be some places like that around..?

Mike
om...

Old 17-06-2003, 03:21 AM
JudyK

Hi Mike,

It was Big Al's where they didn't know the names of the plants. I went
back tonight though to get another Ozelot Sword and the guy DID know
about the plants and also helped me buy some Siamese Algae Eaters. I
guess it depends who's working.

Judy