Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default having trouble with your tomato plants?

Then listen up.
quote

In the Royal Horticultural Society garden at Wisley, MP3 players
connected to the roots of tomato plants are playing A Midsummer's Nights
Dream, a reading of The Day of the Triffids, or nothing at all. One
experiment has already proved that rice plants responded well to
classical music, and some of the gardeners at Wisley are already
convinced that their plants do better when coaxed. A professor of
acoustics is convinced that low frequency sounds will produce the best
results as the vibrations stimulate growth.
I'm planning a Barry White spring for my broad beans.
end of quote

Bobbie:-)
Old 05-04-2009, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bobbie" wrote
Then listen up.
quote

In the Royal Horticultural Society garden at Wisley, MP3 players connected
to the roots of tomato plants are playing A Midsummer's Nights Dream, a
reading of The Day of the Triffids, or nothing at all. One experiment has
already proved that rice plants responded well to classical music, and
some of the gardeners at Wisley are already convinced that their plants do
better when coaxed. A professor of acoustics is convinced that low
frequency sounds will produce the best results as the vibrations stimulate
growth.
I'm planning a Barry White spring for my broad beans.
end of quote

When we lived in a flat I cant' say I noticed our house plants growing
better when in the flat above lived a lover of Church organ music who had
his big hi-fi speakers on the floor and played it loud into the night!
Bas*%$£.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Oh dear That sounds hellish. Having classical music in the greenhouse
sounds lovely though.

Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_3_] View Post
I wonder if tomatoes count as 'customers' so one would need a licence from
the PRS.
I presume you are recalling the recent news story when it said that the PRS had been demanding licence fees from owners of kennels if they had the radio on.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from K contains these words:

Who or what is the PRS?

Performing Rights Society

--
Rusty
Old 09-04-2009, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Rusty_Hinge writes
The message
from K contains these words:

Who or what is the PRS?

Performing Rights Society

Ah right. I was wondering why people were talking about licences wrt
radio. Now I understand.
--
Kay