Old 17-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered User

Question Help identifying this rose

Hi

I went to an open garden on Sunday and loved the attached rose. Does anyone know which one it is?

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8206/dscf0659wu7.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 17-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenw View Post

Looks very like American Pillar : http://rosesuk.com/rose_locator/rose...can_pillar.php
Old 18-06-2008, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Help identifying this rose

"Helenw" wrote in message

Hi

I went to an open garden on Sunday and loved the attached rose.
Does
anyone know which one it is?

http://tinyurl.com/4fcw2b

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nice photo! I have no clue. But I can
suggest a source:

www.helpmefind.com
search on roses

You can specify color (red or red blend?
pink or pink blend?), bloom form (it looks
like a single), and the rose looks like a
climber or rambler. All those factors can
narrow down your search, if no one comes
forward to ID it.

In future, it might help to check for a metal
tag near the bottom of the rose. Sometimes
those remain, even years after planting.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA

Old 18-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Futoran View Post
"Helenw" wrote in message

Hi

I went to an open garden on Sunday and loved the attached rose.
Does
anyone know which one it is?

http://tinyurl.com/4fcw2b

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nice photo! I have no clue. But I can
suggest a source:

www.helpmefind.com
search on roses

You can specify color (red or red blend?
pink or pink blend?), bloom form (it looks
like a single), and the rose looks like a
climber or rambler. All those factors can
narrow down your search, if no one comes
forward to ID it.

In future, it might help to check for a metal
tag near the bottom of the rose. Sometimes
those remain, even years after planting.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8 USA
I did go scurrying around looking for a tag but sadly no luck. I also went off to try and find the owner but he/she wasnt around. From photos I;ve seen of American Pillar it doesnt look like the rose I saw. I'll try the database but I've already had a quick look and the database doesnt have images for all the roses.

Thanks for your help.
Old 18-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenw View Post
I did go scurrying around looking for a tag but sadly no luck. I also went off to try and find the owner but he/she wasnt around. From photos I;ve seen of American Pillar it doesnt look like the rose I saw. I'll try the database but I've already had a quick look and the database doesnt have images for all the roses.

Thanks for your help.
Check out on the rose database I gave you. It has ways of searching for roses by type, colour, flower shape etc.

Visually identifying a rose species? DigitalVinyl Gardening 2 14-06-2005 02:38 AM
Identifying a rose Jane Lumley Roses 1 13-06-2005 02:17 PM
Identifying a rose Natty_Dread Gardening 2 01-09-2004 10:19 PM
Identifying a rose Natty_Dread Roses 2 01-09-2004 10:19 PM
Need Help Identifying Plant Help Please CAZ Gardening 2 08-07-2004 12:03 AM