Adding moss to compost

Old 14-05-2012, 04:28 PM

Default Adding moss to compost

Is this wise?

Basically I've got some grass cuttings with some moss mixed in.
Old 14-05-2012, 07:34 PM
kay kay is offline

Originally Posted by Vegegrower View Post
Is this wise?

Basically I've got some grass cuttings with some moss mixed in.
Don't worry about it. It'll rot down.
__________________
Old 14-05-2012, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/05/2012 16:28, Vegegrower wrote:
Is this wise?

Basically I've got some grass cuttings with some moss mixed in.

The moss is useful for hanging baskets if you intend to do any,
otherwise yes chuck it in and it will rot down.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 15-05-2012, 01:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Vegegrower" wrote in message

Is this wise?

Basically I've got some grass cuttings with some moss mixed in.
Vegegrower

Moss rots down into lovely compost (as I found out when I hadn't cleaned my
gutters out for 3 years) and the moss on my roof had been washed down into
them.
It looked good enough to grow seeds in.

Tina