Old 29-11-2003, 12:12 PM
BroJack

Default Irish Peat

Is this resource nearly exhausted? Is it still used for heating rural
homes?

Jack
Old 29-11-2003, 02:16 PM
Ted Richardson

"BroJack" wrote in message
s.com...
: Is this resource nearly exhausted? Is it still used for heating rural
: homes?
:
: Jack

Is it still used to fuel the electricity generating station?

Ted R

Old 29-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message m
from (BroJack) contains these words:

Is this resource nearly exhausted? Is it still used for heating rural
homes?

No, and yes.

--
Rusty Hinge

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 29-11-2003, 05:49 PM
David Hill

".......Is this resource nearly exhausted? Is it still used for heating
rural homes? .............."

60% of the peat is still used as power station fuel, so till that stops I
will carry on recycling peat.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 29-11-2003, 06:09 PM
BroJack

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:37:26 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

".......Is this resource nearly exhausted? Is it still used for heating
rural homes? .............."

60% of the peat is still used as power station fuel, so till that stops I
will carry on recycling peat.

Excuse my ignorance but peat can be recycled?

Jack

Old 29-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Franz Heymann

"David Hill" wrote in message
".......Is this resource nearly exhausted? Is it still used for heating
rural homes? .............."

60% of the peat is still used as power station fuel, so till that stops I
will carry on recycling peat.

How do you set about the recycling? I presume you add fertiliser and
possibly lime if you want to make recycled potting compost. How much of
what do you add?

Franz

Old 29-11-2003, 11:16 PM
David Hill

"............Excuse my ignorance but peat can be recycled? ........"

Well as far as I am concerned, if the peat returns to the ground and ferns
and heathers grow from it then I consider it to have been recycled, which
you cant do when you have burned it.

Old 30-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Cerumen

"BroJack" wrote in message
s.com...
Is this resource nearly exhausted? Is it still used for heating rural
homes?

And what do use to heat your troll home?
--
Chris Thomas
West Cork

Irish Coco Peat Coco Pete Marketplace 0 27-07-2013 07:49 PM
Viola Irish Molly Clive60 United Kingdom 0 22-07-2005 10:34 PM
Tagetes filifolia -- Irish Lace magnetFL Gardening 3 18-06-2005 11:38 PM
Coir peat vs peat moss Mark Mantolfo Bonsai 1 21-01-2005 01:38 PM
Irish moss Lynn A. Gardening 7 13-04-2003 09:32 AM