Old 04-06-2008, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Aubergine and Capsicum cultivation

I sowed some seeds and have healthy plants growing but I don't know what to
do next!

Someone here will know.

TIA

Mary

Old 04-06-2008, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:
| I sowed some seeds and have healthy plants growing but I don't know what to
| do next!
|
| Someone here will know.

Pray? Look up the thread on naubergines.

Aubergines and sweet peppers are notoriously hard to grow, either in
the open or in the typical amateur glasshouse. Chillis are much
easier, but don't do well outside on many areas in most summers.
They all do better indoors.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:
| I sowed some seeds and have healthy plants growing but I don't know
what to
| do next!
|
| Someone here will know.

Pray? Look up the thread on naubergines.

Aubergines and sweet peppers are notoriously hard to grow, either in
the open or in the typical amateur glasshouse. Chillis are much
easier, but don't do well outside on many areas in most summers.
They all do better indoors.

OK, I'm on my knees :-)

Mary

Old 04-06-2008, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"jane" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:01:12 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

~I sowed some seeds and have healthy plants growing but I don't know what
~do next!
~
~Someone here will know.
~
~TIA
~
~Mary
~

Keep potting on gradually till the capsicums are in 8-10" pots and the
aubergines in 10-12". Support well when fruit appears, as they'll fall
over otherwise! Feed when the fruit starts to grow. You could put
outside but they'll like it better inside, though watch carefully for
red spider mite. They adore aubergines and will reduce the leaves to
papery-dry brown remnants.

Very helpful, thanks.

I'll get off my knees and start re-potting now. They're in 5" ones atm.

Mary