Old 24-03-2014, 02:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Dan.Espen Dan.Espen is offline

Default Mystery plant

"Bob Hobden" writes:
"Dan.Espen" wrote
"Bob Hobden" writes:
"Dan.Espen" wrote

Only drawback I see is starting seeds is just about
impossible to do on your own. Fertilize, then send to
a laboratory.

You can grow orchids from seed as an amateur but it's not easy and
growing them on in a sterile flask takes a long time and very careful
handling, it gets more difficult when you try to get them out of the
flask and into growing medium. Been there done that and failed every
time.

The articles I read described the process, but were adamant that you
can't do it yourself, they said, send it to a lab.

I'm impressed that you even tried.

Shouldn't that have been a sealed Petri dish?

--
Dan Espen