Old 25-03-2014, 10:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Desperate Help To Kill Grass

On Monday, March 24, 2014 12:15:55 PM UTC-4, mlcwa wrote:
Helen Middlemas writes:

Hi All, I am desperate for some help in killing grass off on an area we

spent a fortune on last year with membranes, large gravel etc only to

find that there is grass ever where we look. We have tried bleach,

salt, black discinfectant, boiling water and not a thing has worked.

The problem we think is we have is that our neighbours decided to seed a

brand new lawn last year. And every couple of weeks they were reseeding

it. Now we have patches of grass all over it.

The membrane was a good membrane and we did everything we should. In

the rear it worked ok. But in the front it is terrible.

Our front garden is not used, only to look at basically, but we need

something super super strong that will kill this grass once and for all.

We have tried pulling it out by hand and that has not stopped it at all

due to obviously remaining roots.

It cost hundreds of pounds to get it done which we really didn't have, a

huge amount of back breaking hours and it looks utterly dreadful.

Can anyone please recommend something which is fantastically strong and

will do the job. We have already spent quite a bit of money sorting it

out and are no further forward at all.

Roundup.

Salt is not a good idea.

--

Dan Espen

In my experience Roundup is not strong enough. Find something that says it will Kill All.
MJ