Old 02-04-2014, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Perfect day

On 02/04/2014 10:13, kay wrote:
Nice to know that we're not the only people to have had a week of cold
dampness. OK, not that cold, but cold when the media have been telling
you that it will be "warmer than Madrid". I presume what they meant was
that London would have sunshine.

I've just got back from holiday in Madrid.

It was cold, sometimes wet, and as it is spring the hotel had turned off
the heating. We were wearing coats all the time; for part of it I was
glad I'd taken my proper waterproofs. Apparently the week before it was 23.

I spent yesterday catching up on the gardening in brilliant sunshine and
a T-shirt.

Andy