Old 06-04-2014, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Akebia quinata alba

On 2014-04-05 22:01:34 +0000, said:

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 13:08:34 +0100, Spider wrote:

That really would be a shame. Well, I use as many nurseries or
independent garden stores as I can, and I suspect many urglers do, too.

Can be difficult as owners retire or move on.
For years my Mother had enjoyed visiting an independent garden store
near Bude in Cornwall. She no longer drives so on my monthly visits
from Hampshire it is often a welcome opportunity for a day out and to
get some supplies, have a tea and cake etc. A couple of weeks ago I
noticed a couple of chaps wearing the Uniform of one of the big groups
wandering around. Asking at the till if they were on a spying mission
the till operator who was also wearing a uniform jumper replied ",No
we have already taken over, the owners have retired. Today is the day
we start to change till systems over,I'm down from the Midlands to
help. We won't be changing the name and things will carry on as
before. " Meanwhile most of the Cafe staff were obviously being
briefed by a manager. No changes? We shall see. I bet the bird feeders
get the chop, a corporate manager is bound to stop the budget for
filling them.

G.Harman

A brief Google on Nurseries for sale in Devon shows around half a
dozen, ranging from just over an acre to about 7 acres, both to lease
or freehold. One, near Paignton, has recently refurnished its café and
must have spent a good deal on it.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com