Old 09-04-2014, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T James T James is offline

Default Rat buried on freshly dug allotment

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"T James" wrote ...

Have just newly arrived on an allotment. The ground has been well looked
after by the previous tenant and we dug it all over in the first week.

Now in the second weekm we have just found a dead rat buried quite
shallowly in the ground we dug the week before.

Is there the possibility that it was buried there by an animal? ( the
allotment borders on some natural ground that contains foxes) or is it
more likely by a neighbouring allotment tenant, some of whom we have not
yet met.

We had exactly the same some years back, we arrived and found a dead rat
looking at us out of the ground, the rest of it was buried. I assumed a
Fox. Also had two perfect looking gammon steaks buried which I brought up
with my fork, bit of a shock, and a number of whole eggs, both chicken and
duck
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Bob thanks for that. puts our mind at rest. thought i might have made
enemies in
just one week.