Old 10-04-2014, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Clematis wilt

On 10/04/2014 14:51, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
On 10/04/2014 08:52, Jeff Layman wrote:
Anyone else got this yet?

I have a "Denny's Double" on an east-facing fence. Yesterday morning it
was fine, but when I had another look in the afternoon one side of the
plant was starting to wilt. Seems a bit early to me for clematis wilt,
but maybe the weather has been mild enough for it to get going. :-(

I have a Clematis that keeps wilting near the top. I've just been
assuming it's either frost or snail damage on the stem. I'll check
mine out later today.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Its usually either snails or weather damage during some point of the
winter, all is well until the plant tries to flower then the damaged
stem just cant cope.

Oh good. That makes me hopeful. Forgotten to look at mine (had to go
out), but will check tomorrow. Perhaps I'll cut back to a stong bud,
then give it a feed. Thanks, Charlie.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London